Thursday, September 13, 2012

WOWZERS!


1% That's what the end of this week signifies! It's only been 1% of my mission and if this is what happens every week then WOWZERS! I have learned a ton just in one week.
I was the only person who hadn't taken any Spanish in my district but it's okay because you learn so much so fast here! My district is just awesome and we all get along so well, but we maybe get along too welll because it feels like we talk more than study, but I just take my companion and we go study outside which is SO nice with the birds a chirpin' and the bees a buzzin' and such. I have seen so many people I know here so.... ROLL CALL! Dylan, Brodie, Daniel,Brandon Call, Elder Zack Morgan (second cousin who I've never met but I saw a picture of him and he's going to Colombia too), Spencer, Conner freakin Nelson! (He was in the room RIGHT next to me), TANNER! and honestly a whole bunch of other people that I can't even remember who they are.
We had to start teaching our first "investigator", Antonio, on Friday speaking only Spanish, so luckily Preach My Gospel has a direct translation and I could just copy word for word out of the and reggurgiate it back onto him. My companion and I got him to commit to baptism which was cool, but it helps that my companion already understands all Spanish so he basically talked to him while I just smiled, but they told us that a bright countenance and the spirit are more important than actually speaking Spanish, so... I think I helped haha.
Everyone here who's learning Spanish is so nice! They come up and start speaking Spanish to me and then try and help me understand what they're saying, and they give me lots of tips on things here at the MTC. I talked to some elders that just left our zone to go to the Guatemalan MTC and it sounds cool so hopefully the Colombian MTC is the same way, but I've already talked to quite a few people who were supposed to leave for the Colombian MTC, and apparently there is some trouble with visas there. So hopefully they clear that up before I'm supposed to leave.
My branch presidency here is super nice and willing to help with anything! But at church on Sunday they call two missionaries out of the congregation to give a talk in Spanish, and that scares the begeezes out of me, but it wasn't me last week so that's good! My zone leaders here are super nice and cool and another elder in my room got called to district leader and I really like him to! His companion..... eh. But hey it's all part of the experience, and both of them as well as my companion are also going to Barranquilla! So I'm not going to be the only "gringo" in that mission. I talked to a teacher here who went to Colombia and he saidhe never had an American companion, so hopefully I learn Spanish REAL fast!
My companion and I get along pretty well. He said before here he hated all the kids at Jordan because they seemed rude, but I think I kind of changed that haha. At least that's what he tells me to my face.
The food here is good but I see why everyone gains weight. I've actually lost weight in the grand total, but I think it might sneak up on me real fast. BUT I've been running a mile every day in gym! Between games of four square which is probably my favorite thing about the MTC.
The spirit here is so strong which kind of counteracts all the negative things sort of... like homesickness kind of.. haha. The devotionals are so cool and the choir is fun!
 
If you send me a dearelder or a letter, make sure to attach your address! I don't want to seem rude and not write back! I really appreciate the packages and letters! I hope all is going well at home!
Love, Elder Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment