Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 2, 2013

So this week was really good and I want to thank all of you for the happy anniversary wishes haha. I can't believe that it's been a year... I STILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME LEFT!!!! I hope... haha
So this week was great because we're going to have a baptism this Saturday, let me tell you why. So this guy is a friend of Enrique and his name is Cesar. He's also really catholic, but also wanted to know more. We put a baptismal date with him in the first visit 3 weeks in advance and he's been coming to church, but the problem is that he studies in Barranquilla all week long and only has a little bit of time to talk Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday he came and we asked how he's been feeling and he said, ''I've actually felt a change,''  And we said that he was lacking basically all of the lessons and commandments and so we asked if he was willing to do the work to get baptized in 1 week and he said yes! So we've been teaching him everything super fast but he accepts it all and is willing and excited to get baptized on Saturday!
Also Enrique's girlfriend is stoked to get baptized and her mom fond '''Mormon Pamphlets'' and got mad at her and she said she doesn't even care anymore haha.
I saw my first Colombian mugging!!!! A guy who goes house to house collecting debts was at a house and two guys came up in a motorcycle wearing helmets so you couldn't see their faces and pulled a gun on him........ AND HE STARTED TO FIGHT THEM!!!! What a hero haha. They shot a bullet in the air and then everyone around screamed. We were pretty far away but semi-close. We just turned the corner and walked away, but it was still a little cool to see (natural man).
So those are some cool experiences of the week

I love being a missionary and can't believe it's halfway over. I know the Lord has blessed me and will keep doing so. I'm so blessed to be out here preaching the love and hope that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment