Tuesday, September 10, 2013

September 9, 2013 Happy One Year!!

So this week was just awesome, well it didn´t start out that way, but it ended up fantastic. There´s a chilean food called "completos" that is basically like a hot dog but with avacado and tomatos and mayonaise, and I live with a chilean so he made us all one on Tuesday. Then we left to go to work. I started to not feel very good and had a little bit of a headacheand my stomach hurt pretty bad. We were visiting with a member and I asked if she had tips about how to git rid of the feeling to vomit and she said "Just do it," haha, so we kept walking and then......... I sat down and said "uh oh Elder.........   (BLAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!)" I totally threw up in the street haha. Then 2 minutes later it came back again and BLAAAAAH!!!!! I could actually see half of the hot dog and I learned that I need to chew my food better hahahaha.
The we went at night to visit another member and they said I looked flushed and that I needed a soda and alkaseltzer, but drinking the super bubbly drink in the members corner store made me.......     BLAAAAAAAH!!!!!! and that was number 3 for the day right in front of the members house. I looked back at the members and the poor youngest daughter looked petrified haha, I looked at them, gave a thumbs up, and     BLAAAAAAAH!!!! NUMBER 4!!! 4 TIMES!!! haha. What a day. I didn´t eat anything afterwards for like 24 hours but I got better!
On Wednesday Enrique went to do visits with us and is freaking awesome! He teaches so well and has helped a lot of investigators. One investigator said she got her answer because of his testimony, but we´re getting to that. We´re also preparing Enrique´s girlfriend to get baptized this Saturday and it´s a little stressful because she still loves the Virgin Mary. haha. It´s okay to respect her.... but we can´t pray to her haha. But Enrique talked to her and on Sunday she came to church without her prayer beads and virgin mary necklace! woohoo!!! She´s excited to get baptized, but has a lot of opposition.
Her whole family is SUPER Catholic and they found out she´s investigating the church and now they don´t let her leave, but she leaves secretly with Enrique to talk to us, but said that she doesn´t think she can come to church because her family will kick her out. So we shared the story of Joshua and his priests crossing the Jordan river, that the waters didn´t separate until their feet got wet. And she said "Okay, I´ll get my feet wet." Then the next day she said she´ll come EVERY Sunday... YAY!!!!
And this last Saturday was super awesome. We had a baptism! His name is Cesar. He didn´t have much time to talk so all the lessons were really hectic, but he accepted it all and has a testimony. And what a blessing it was to see Enrique, the new convert baptize him. What a day.
Then Sunday was great. This family that has been investigating for a long time came to church! They came and then at night we went to visit them with a family here in the group and the member family all testified and it was awesome. I´m sure that they´ll get baptized this month.
We´re all a little nervous because transfers are this week on Wednesday. So we´ll see what happens! I´d like to stay here and for Elder Abad to stay too. We work well together and we´re getting a lot done.
I also completed 1 year in the mission! YAY!!!! I took an old shirt and wrote "1 year" and then I burned it. That´s about it haha. But it was still pretty cool!
I love you all and I love hearing about home!

















No comments:

Post a Comment