Sunday, December 16, 2012

3 Month Mark!

Okay so there goes a whole `nother week! haha And boy oh boy can I just say that I had an experience that none of you will get to have, count your blessings, A WHOLE 36 HOURS WITHOUT WATER!!!! haha That started Tuesday morning and went on through Wednesday night so that was super fun haha. It would have been okay but we had a service project on Wednesday so we just had to come back and change and that sucked because we all smelt pretty bad, but hey, What`s a mission without a little fun like that right? But really it`s been a good week haha. Tuesday my companion and I went on splits with the district leaders, since he is the zone leader, which was cool. I got to work with Elder Davidson (from Riverton and has exactly one year more than me) in their area all day. It was fun and he`s really nice so that was good. Wednesday was good because we had that service project and these really good sandwiches after. Friday I got to lead the "choir" again, we`re practicing for Christmas. They`re starting to get on pitch! So that`s a plus! Also on Friday one of our investigators from the missionaries who were here before us had her baptismal interview! Saturday we had a baptism! His name is Jean Carlos and there`s a picture included. He was difficult because he was a little flakey on a lot of things, but I saw such a change literally the minute he came up out of the water. He`s excited to be a member now. He also asked me to confirm him which scared me to death. So I studied how to say that so I could do it the next day, but then the bishop had his son do it, so that was nice haha. Sundays are nice, but rough. We invite a lot of people to church and they say they will, but.... no... We had one investigator who was stoked for church and said he wanted to bring his whole family, but had to work. That`s another problem in Colombia, the jobs are more when they need you, so if they call on Sunday you have to go in. We went and visited everyone who didn`t come and they all had "reasons" if that`s what you want to call them haha. One experience that I feel pretty good about. So we have an investigator named Nilsa. She was a reference and we`ve taught her like 3 times, but she doesn`t really commit and told us she`s not too interested, but then told the other elders that she`s just bored. She said my companion is not very exciting and I just don`t talk too much. So yesterday we visited her and I just started talking to her about life and how things are going, and she would be happy, but then my companion would say "You weren`t at church and we were expecting you. Are you reading? Why don`t you do more?" so then I would ease the blows again with my small talk that is hardly anything haha. She`d glare at him and then smile at me when I talked. I know our purpose is for her to be reading, praying, and coming to church, but she just doesn`t trust us enough. So we`re working on that. We went to the Christmas devotional last night, which made me a little home sick haha. I really miss snow and real Christmas haha. Everyone here decorated before Thanksgiving (freaks) and I am yet to hear one Christmas song haha. Now I know that I wasn`t the biggest fan of Christmas music, but "gally gee how happy I`d be if only I could whistle" (a christmas song haha). I miss the music and cold weather haha. But the devotional, I`m sure it was good, but I couldn`t understand too much. Spanish is coming, but it`s still super slow and hard. It`s frustrating not being able to say what you want, but people are nice and just smile, which is awkward when I just asked the a deep thought provoking question haha. I also have been studying a lot to understand how to be a more effective teacher, but that`s coming slowly but surely too haha. We did a lot of contacting the other day and wow.... so many inactives. And there`s a lot of people who listened to the missionaries and then the missionaries stopped coming. Who are these two elders?! I hope everyone is in the holiday spirit! Because the most I get here is at the bishops house where they have a little dancing santa that sings jingle bells haha. I hit 3 months this week, so hopefully the next 21 are as good or better as this one! I love you all and pray for you (bros, family, others? haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment