Sunday, December 16, 2012

Go Jordan!

Okie dokie! One more week! My first experience with Zone Conference was this week, and that was neat! haha It was actually pretty good and we learned a lot. President was there and talked a lot about faith and I know one thing was aimed at me. He said that we need to have the faith to open our mouths. So that´s what I did a few times in lessons. I just thought "this is God´s investigator not mine" and then I would talk. I know that my Spanish wasn´t very good but the investigators really respond well when I would talk so I know that the Lord has blessed me there. In our zone there´s like 10 gringos and there´s one from Cottonwood heights (AP), Draper, Riverton, and another one from Grantsville. So that was nice to talk to some other people from home! Especially since zone conference was on Thanks FREAKING giving haha. The zone leaders (since their gringos) ordered us deli sandwiches which is probably the first meal I´ve had in forever without rice so that was nice haha. But it definitely was no turkey dinner (save me some green bean casserole please). One day this last week my companion went on divisions with another companion (since he´s the district leader), so I got to lead the area here! haha. It went pretty well and the other companion was super nice and helped me out a lot too. We´ve been finding a lot of new investigators which is nice, but some of our investigators just need to start prayin´ haha. We have an investigator who´s getting baptized next week and I asked him who Christ is for him specifically and all he said was "the son of God." So we´re gonna be reading some scriptures there that´s for sure haha. Oh my gosh, some things Colombia just needs some help with like when it´s bed time, and what is an appropriate volume for music haha. Two nights ago there was literally music blaring ALL night long. Not an exaggeration, from 9 pm until who knows how long because we had to leave for church. And just during the day, people will rent giant speakers and play music in the street for hours. Gally! haha But there´s nice people here too and they love gringos. We were at one street vender with the other companionship of two Americans and this guy just bought us a 2 liter thing of Coke and said here it´s free haha. All in all things are going pretty well. It´s tough a lot of the time, but I´m learning. OH! So we have activities a lot in this ward that we run. Wednesday is English Class, Thursday is like mutual but for everyone and then... FRIDAYS we have ward choir, which I´m now in charge of hahahaha. They´re awful, I´m not good, and I can´t tell them what to do fix it in Spanish haha. But it´s pretty fun. We´ve started to throw together a little Christmas program so that´s neat. haha. Ward´s here are just so different. There´s only like 50 people there, only have the guys wear a shirt and tie, first counselor walks in eventually during the sacrament, and nobody can sing haha. But they´re all really nice. We went to this place called Centro today which is kind of like China town with hundreds of little shacks set up in the street for stores with the most random junk you never want to find haha, but I also got some cool pictures of this Catholic church around there. I also found Jordan Highs initials on the church (in one of the pictures). I think they put it there because Jordan won state. A few weeks ago the bishop was showing us a map of the ward on Google maps and then wanted to see all of our houses so we showed him. When he looked at our house and saw 3 cars he asked if we were having a party that day. You should have seen his face and the face of my native companion when I explained that we have five (one per driver) and at one point six so that TJ could have a car too haha. So he thinks that we´re loaded now. Then my companion told one of the priests in the ward here and we just dropped his jaw and asked if one was a ferrari haha. Oh Latinos.... Anyways, I love you all and I hope all is well at home. I hear there´s this thing there called "cold?" that´s weird. When you´re walking all day here in who knows how hot of whether haha. I swear if one my investigator or member says "Oh, are you sweating?" I´m gonna lose it haha. OF COURSE I AM!!! haha. But it´s nice because there´s a breeze this month. Everyone says this is the best time of the year, so I´m enjoying the mild inferno while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment