Thursday, February 7, 2013

Transfers and Carnaval!

Woohoo! What a transfer! So two pdays ago Elder Davidson and I bought mashed potato flakes but we didn´t want to make them until the next transfer. So I told Elder Davidson on Tuesday morning that when they came to district meeting (after they saw the transfers because they´re the zone leaders) that he should tell me if we could have mashed potatoes that night. So when he got to district meeting he looked at me and said "Elder Morgan, you can open your mashed potatoes, haha. So all the day long I was thinking about what would happen in my area. All I knew is that I was staying. In the night time we saw the zone leaders and Elder Davidson just said he´d tell us so he did haha. He told us that I was staying but my companion was leaving to go be zone leader somewhere else. They told me my companion was an elder named Elder Cordero and I was like "whoa! I know who that is!" I saw him my first day in the mission. He´s from the Dominican Republic and speaks English because his dad is from New York. So then that night elder Silva and I finished our appointments and went home to plan and so he could pack too. The saddest part of the transfer is that Elder Davidson also left. So Wednesday morning we left for the bus terminal to send our companions off and wait for the new ones too. Elder Silva was great for a trainer and I can already see that I learned a lot from him, but I was glad for the change haha. After some time waiting my new companion, Elder Cordero, arrived from Cartagena. We left the terminal and went to the house for a minute and then it was off to work. I feel kind of bad because we really don`t have a ton of investigators and my new companion said that he left 2 baptisms waiting in his last area.. oh well!!! Time to contact haha. The ward was happy to see the new companions in english class that night. Everyone has told me that they`re glad Elder Silva left, but are sad that Elder Davidson had to go haha. So it`s Carnaval season here which means it`s just like a party every day, but Saturday there was a parade in the street in our area, so president said that we should probably head back to the house because it might be a little dangerous. So we went back to the house to study for a few hours, left the house and it was still a little rambunctious because everyone was now drunk. But we had an activity at the church so it wasn`t too bad. Sunday was a good day... kind of in that church was nice. But we finished our fast at the apartment and then my companion drank a whole bunch of juice and ate some sandwiches before lunch at the bishops house. He was super full and then she gave us a ton of food (not a good combo) after sitting for awhile (because he didn`t feel so hot) we left for this area that`s kind of far away to visit this inactive family where we now have investigators and we were close to the house when...... BARF in the street hahahah. He was so full that he just threw up right there in the street and people totally saw, but we kind of just kept walking and he sat down on the curb while I went and talked to some people. He got pretty sick so we had to go back to the house so he could rest for a little. BUT Elder Linder`s new companion was sick too so I asked Elder Linder if we could go out and visit some people and we did and it was good. We`re in the process right now of helping the ward become self sufficient. So we went and taught the 1st counselor and his wife and told him that really he should be coming to church every week on time (this place is so great haha). Our president sent an email today saying that for Carnaval we can go out Friday through Tuesday ONLY if we have a set visit before 5 and other than that we`re locked in the house because the people here are psycho. It`s rough because I want to find some more people, but I`ll get some good studying in! One other inactive family that we`ve been talking to here is super tough because the wife hates missionaries because one insisted that they get baptized on a certain so he rushed her paper work here for marriage and now her and her husband can`t leave the country if they want to (I guess I can see why she`s mad) but I can tell that the husband still wants to come back to the church. This was the day that my companion had just blown chunks all over the street so he was feelin` pretty lousy. I talked to the dad and the spirit was really strong there. I told him that Our duty as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ. For some that means coming to church and for the others that means an invitation to have a family home evening. We taught him how he can do a family home evening in his house and he said he`d do it, so hopefully that will work out really well. This next transfer is longer than the rest because something changed in the MTC or something. So I`m gonna be here in Buena Esperanza for at least 8 more weeks! Woo!!!! Let`s see what we can do haha. I love you all and bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment