Sunday, January 20, 2013

"Don't worry, we have Elder Morgan"

Hello! So happy pday! I hope the new year was really good for everyone! We didn´t really do anything special on New Year´s eve. We did a family home evening at someone´s house and then not much else. New Year´s day was... tough haha. Any holiday here means time to drink a lot and play music and loud as possible. We had exchanges so another elder was here and we couldn´t find anyone to talk to at the start of the day, but in the end we found some people and actually hard a pretty productive day considering that most everyone was drunk haha. This last week we´ve been working really hard with this girl who´s fourteen and was a reference. Her family is members, but they´re all inactive. She came to one of our little activities and then somebody told us she wants to hear the missionaries again. We went there for the first time and she showed me the list of missionaries she´s talked to in the back of her Book of Mormon and wow.... it´s a lot, but we´ve been working with her and she just passed her baptismal interview yesterday! So we´re shooting for another baptism this Saturday! Then another investigator that we were working with forever finally said she´d get baptized this Saturday too! So maybe two! haha. We´re working hard here and it´s good. I really don´t have a whole lot to say this week. I hit 4 months yesterday which was a weird and nice feeling haha. I hope that everything is going good at home. I thought about snow the other day and I just can´t even imagine it haha. I miss it though. OH as far as Spanish goes! Don´t worry I´m still bad, but a member told me that she saw a new elder at the airport coming into Barranquilla and he couldn´t speak anything. And she said she told him, "Don´t worry, we have Elder Morgan who couldn´t say a word when he got here, and now he´s pretty good." haha I´m one of THOSE stories now! That made me feel really good. I´m showed my companion a picture today in the Ensign of the Salt Lake Valley and pointed out all the temples. He asked why we need so many haha. Made me miss home, but the people here all really want their temple super bad so we´re here working for that. I love you all! Hope all is well at home! I got a dearelder from Lauren this last week which was super nice of her. I´m trying to figure out a way to respond to her and Emmie too (Thank you both for the letters). Oh and one more thing I should recognize.... THE BIRTH OF THE WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO ME!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!!!!!!!! I love you and I can´t thank you enough for everything you´ve done for me. I hope you know that I appreciate all your love and support and I miss you a bunch. I hope that tomorrow is wonderful and just know that someone here in Barranquilla wishes you a happier birthday than everyone in America haha. p.s. My mom´s better than yours (but my grandma did good too because she raised her) I LOVE YOU MOM!!! Okay bye

No comments:

Post a Comment