Monday, December 2, 2013

November 18, 2013

So this week we had a really good week as well as serving the lord and completing with our missionary purpose... We had 3 baptisms planned. But the night before the baptism we went to one house to ask the mom if she had extra white clothes (baptismal clothes are about as rare as a charizard pokemon card here) and she started looking and told us to come in. She`s the mom of a whole family that was investigating, but the dad and kids all backed out because they´re not really sure. So we were sitting there when one of her kids, he´s 8, came in and asked if she was really going to go through with the whole baptism thing, and she said, "Yeah, and you?" He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Eh, okay."
So we went over the baptismal interview questions and he got interviewed and baptized with his mom the next day.
So we had FOUR people get baptized on Saturday! and the best part was that the whole family of this lady came and later-on the dad said, "yeah, at one point we´ll all get baptized, we just need time."
Yesterday at church we had a great sacrament meeting, I say that just because everything went smoothe and it´s always a hassle. But i forgot to assign the prayers so I just called out names of members and they got up and did it hahahahaha.
We had 3 investigators in church yesterday, it´s not 9, but 4 just got baptized hahaha.
We recently started teaching this new family that runs a corner store and the dad is a little reluctant, but the mom and daughter already have testimonies and came to church, so I´m really excited about that.
I love this area so much, and my companion is so great, I don´t want to leave... but the transfers are still a little ways away haha.
I got my package! It´s everything a missionary wants and more. When I put on my new white shrirst I felt so..... clean and professional! haha And I love the blue and yellow tie! and the nuts and bolts... and the peanut brittle... and the salt water taffies.... and the books.... You´re the best support group EVER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment