Monday, June 3, 2013

May 20, 2013

Hello! This week was cool because we got to take a fieldtrip to Barranquilla for a mission conference with a member of the 70 (Elder Uceda). It was awesome! He shared a lot of really cool and neat things that I know will help the mission along a ton! We all went in a bus and the ride was like 5 hours which wasn`t too great. I got super car sick and on the way back they stopped us and frisked us all, I don`t know why, but I`m glad they just didn`t find my gun that I carry inside my scriptures.
This week was a little sad because nobody came to church and a ton of people said that they wanted to, but they all had REALLY good reasons why they couldn`t......... yeah yeah yeah...
Anyways, we got this reference from a member in another ward that was cool. We had seen this house before and it`s funny because they have signs out front with like half-naked people because it`s a spa that sells super tight underwear (I think, I don`t really stare) and we went up and contacted the house and talked with the lady. She was great and ended up telling us that she`s been looking for a church. It was funny though because she said she lost her husband and we said that she`d see him again, then she said "No, I really never want to see him again. We just got seperated." hahaha So that was funny, but it turns out that he did end up dying... but she still never wants to see him again.
In this mission conference the member of the seventy said that we need to do more to make sure that our investigators are acting and said that we should be making sure they kneel down and pray in every lesson. So yesterday in a lesson in the street we kneeled down until the investigator finally joined us and said the prayer. It was a really cool, spiritual experience!
I love you all! Good luck to Hayden! You`re gonna kill it over there and I`m prayin´ for ya´!

And congratulations to Parker on the mission call!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment